I do stand all amazed at our Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ have done for all of us. They are full of such mercy and love that we may never fully understand until we return home. But that’s how it should be. We are on this earthly journey to learn and grow and be the best us we can be. We can’t do it alone though, so we have each other as well as the knowledge of our greatest example.
As I consider how to
be the best me, I very much feel amazed at the many blessings I have been given
just by being Gods daughter and Christs’ sister.
Here are some things
that I have thought about as it pertains to my amazement with all my Savior has
done and continues to do for me.
Who is this Jesus?
What a most important question. We each must learn for ourselves who Jesus is
and who He is in our lives. We need to determine who He is in our lives and if
we will follow Him and be His example to others. To me He is the son of God. He
is our elder Brother. He is the creator of our world and of all mankind. He is
our Savior. He is our advocate with our Father in Heaven. He is our greatest
example of how we should live our lives.
Why is He
significant? Again, we must each determine His significance in our individual
lives. He came to earth to save us all from our sins. Without Him we could not
return to our eternal home and glory. He loves us and wants us to be happy in
all you do.
What has he taught?
What hasn’t He taught. Everything we are, do and become comes from Him. He has
taught so many things. He taught by example. He has never asked us to do
anything that He Himself was not willing to do but did. He showed us how to
love everyone. He taught us more of our Fathers gospel. He provided us with a
guideline for how to do all we need to on at his earth. He showed us how to be
our best selves.
What can I learn from Him? I
have learned to love others. I have learned to help others. I have knowledge of
who He is and what He provided for me and all of us. I KNOW many things because
of Him and have FAITH in the many other things He has taught but I still
struggle with. I know that He knows everything and as long as I listen to Him
and follow and act upon His teachings He will NEVER lead me astray! As I write
my feelings, impressions, and understanding I hope and pray you will do the same.
Even write questions that come to mind that you may need to study and ponder
more on. That’s what this book is all about. You are discovering yourself and
your own understanding. This will help you in strengthening your relationship
with Christ and our Father in Heaven.
The hymn, I Stand All Amazed
has been one of those hymns I have a very difficult time getting through
without Becoming emotional. As I listen to the words that go with the beautiful
music, I am reminded of just how significant my Savior is to me. Here are those
most poignant words.
I Stand All Amazed3
I
stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused
at the love that so fully he proffers me.
I
tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That
for me, a sinner, he suffers, he bled and died.
I
marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To
resume a sole so rebellious and proud as mine,
That
he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient
to own, to redeem, and to justify.
I
think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such
mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No,
no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until
at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
CHORUS
Oh, it is
wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die
for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
This hymn perfectly
represents my knowledge of my Savior and who He is and what He did for all of
us. He is our greatest blessing and because of this we should be our best
example for Him on earth. We must love others as He does and we must do what we
can to save even one soul, which could be our own, and help that soul return to
our eternal heavenly home.
Mosiah 3:5-8
For Behold, the time
cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who
reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down
from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay,
and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the
sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their
sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.
And he shall cast out
devils, or the evil spirits which dwell in the hearts of the children of men.
And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst,
and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for
behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the
wickedness and the abominations of his people.
And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of
heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother
shall be called Mary.
John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends.
Comments
Post a Comment